We recently added some more new features to ShipView Version 1.2 and thought it was high time to highlight the best of the best.
ShipView is your portal into the world's shipping, allowing you perform long range tracking and monitoring of vessel activity across our oceans. It's easy to use, completely web-based and packed with useful tools.
Let's take a look at the top 8 features (in no particular order):
1. Alerts- The newest available feature in ShipView is automatic alerting. This allows you to establish a set of rules and then we can send you an e-mail notification when a ship matches, or no longer matches your specific criteria. To make it even more powerful, all alerts are made available in ShipView for easy access, review, and management which uses the map for on-screen context.
2. Single Line Searching- Single line searching to find ships by name, IMO, MMSI, Flag, or destination saves you significant time for finding your ship of interest anywhere in the world.
3. Filtering- Create filters to narrow in on only those ships that match your specific criteria, selected from any attribute available. For example, are you looking for fishing boats flagged to China travelling less than 5 nautical miles? Setting up a filter for this is as easy as 1,2,3 so that you can build accurate situational awareness for your needs in seconds.
4. Layers- Add any Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Map Service (WMS) or Esri Map, Feature or Tiled Map Service as either a map layer or base map. If you have access to any of those services, you can easily bring in wave heights information, ice coverage, weather data or display ship density patterns over Economically Exclusive Zones (EEZ) like in the example below.
5. Bookmarks and Gazetteer- We all have our favourite places of the world so we built in a bookmarks tool within ShipView to allow you to save your hot spots for easy reference the next time. We've also pre-loaded ShipView with a complete Gazetteer of the world's major bodies of water so you can quickly zoom to your areas of interest.
6. Downloadable Data-You can download a data set of either all ships or just the ones in your current view. Maritime operational activities require offline review and analysis, now your ShipView data can be seamlessly loaded into your software programs or existing databases.
7. Polygons- ShipView allows you to draw your own areas of interest to retrieve all ships within that area. Particularly useful for looking at traffic within certain zones such as an environmentally sensitive area or an EEZ.
8. Ship Photos- What is a ship track without a photo? ShipView has an overflowing repository of vessel pictures compiled from our partners at vesseltracker.com. Found within the vessel information panel, ship photos provide you with that extra level of context for your analysis.
We've worked hard to incorporate functional tools into ShipView for you to easily perform your maritime operational activities and analysis all in one place. Let us know how we're doing and what features you'd like to see in ShipView, send us your feedback at email@example.com
Get ShipView with all these features into your operations today.